Click on the books below to learn more or purchase or visit Indigo for their complete Sci Lit Week book list.
For those of you who don’t have the time to read a whole book (because you’re too busy attending Science Literacy Week events).
- Nat Geo News – stories by National Geographic filled with fun, quirky and otherwise exciting science stories
- XKCD– I know, not really a blog. Still, it proves that science is as funny as it gets.
- IFLS – An awful lot of people “really love” science
- AsapSCIENCE – Canadians Mitch Moffit and Greg Brown take you on a hilarious tour of the sciences on Youtube
- Science Friday– Ira Flatow’s hugely popular radio show. Check out the whole website for more content too
- Star Talk Radio – Neil DeGrasse Tyson rocks it with his late night DJ voice
- Quirks and Quarks – Our very own Bob McDonald giving the scoop on the latest science developments
- Stuff you should know – The title says it all!
- Radiolab – “weaving stories and science into sound and music rich documentaries”
- 60 second science – For those of you with literally a minute to spare, prepare to have your minds blown by Scientific American
- The Story Collider – Science surrounds us. Even when we don’t notice it, science touches almost every part of our lives. At the Story Collider, we believe that everyone has a story about science—a story about how science made a difference, affected them, or changed them on a personal and emotional level. We find those stories and share them in live shows and on our podcast. Sometimes, it’s even funny.
- Best of the WWEST – A series of interviews with women in STEM about their careers, inspirations, daily lives, etc., in order to amplify their voices and provide role models for younger girls to look up to.
- NOVA – Consistently excellent, engaging and interesting science stories from the cutting edge of discovery. Available on TV’s everywhere!
- BBC Earth – Still the highest quality nature broadcaster out there, BBC Earth gives us unprecedented looks into the wide world of nature, many with the incomparable David Attenborough narrating too!
- TED talks – Their slogan says it all, “Ideas Worth Spreading”. Learn about pretty much anything from some of the best thinkers and speakers anywhere.
- Research2Reality – A Canadian celebration of the great research and scientists all across the country
- Daily Planet – A great daily look at the science all around us. Canadian to boot!